Re: Wheel lug bolts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel lug bolts
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 23:02:46 +1030
Edwin Vaughan wrote:

> I recently acquired some alloy wheels pretty cheap. They were off a 240
> Z. they fit right on........but..the wheels are thicker than a Rostyle
> wheel where the lug bolt pass through them. Can I replace all the lug
> bolts with longer ones? Do I want to?

I have Z-car rims on my 'B and soon found the problem with the lug nuts.
 The Z nuts have a chamfered bit that locates inside the hole, but
because of the different thread, I couldn't use the nuts of the Z
wheels.  I got around it by machining standard 'B nuts to have the same
chamfer - they have worked well for over a year now.

--
Eric
'68 MGB MkII