Re: flasher is slow

To: "MG List Postings" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: flasher is slow
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 08:47:37 -0400
I recently replaced the unit in both my B's to solve the precisely same
symptoms you describe.  I have heard from those whose opinions I respect
that the original cause, or perhaps the only cause, of the fault can often
be poor connections to ground, so investigate that possibility no matter the
immediate solution.  The original Lucas units are square, but the
conventional round inexpensive off the shelf flashers from Advance Auto or
any such parts place pop right in the original bracket under the passenger
side dash.  In the cases of my cars, the improvement was immediate and
significant.

Dean