Re: flasher is slow

To: "Taylor, Todd S" <todd.s.taylor@lmco.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: flasher is slow
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 17:08:41 +0100
There is only one flasher unit, no additional relay - unless you are rigged
for towing.

If both sides are equally slow it is probably a bad connection in the common
wiring rather than a bad ground at one of the lights - unless you have an
equally bad ground both sides!  A common place is the hazard switch, try
flicking it on and off a few times, as is the fusebox.  But any bad
connections in the brown - ignition relay - white/brown - fusebox - green -
hazard switch - green - flasher unit - light-green/brown - turn switch
circuit could be at fault.  With the ignition on, engine stopped (coil
disconnected) measure the voltages at the brown, brown/white and green at
the fusebox, the greens at the back of the hazard switch, the turn flasher
and turn switch.  Ideally they will all be 12v or so, you will always get a
little volt-drop along the way but it shouldn't be much.