Fuel Pump Electrical Quandary - XKE Ser III -

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Pump Electrical Quandary - XKE Ser III -
From: "S Twigg" <seanan@crosslink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 18:20:17 -0400
Everyone,
        I'm trying to work out a problem my father is having with his 71
Jaguar XKE - the V12.  The fuel pump does not want to turn itself off.
        He started the car to move it and when he fully shut off the
ignition the fuel pump continued to run.  He disconnected the negative
battery cable to get it to stop.  I'm trying to formulate a plan to
troubleshoot this and was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to
where I should look, begin, etc.  The two places I'm considering as
starting points are the ignition switch and the pump itself.  I know
that the pump is new - probably a solid state SU unit - no points.  But
I can't give any more info until I get to his place to take a look at
it.

Thanks,
Sean Twigg