Re: What a weekend

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What a weekend
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 22:14:23 +1030
Neil Oldfield wrote:

> No working Fuel Guage

I go by the odometer (fill her up ever 200 miles :-) - the fuel guage
sort of works but I don't trust it.  I try to fill her when the guage
hits the empty mark but I know I have gone a long way after that when
caught out of town.

The DPO, bless his sould, must also have been a worry wort.  Lift up the
rubber in the boot and you find a plastic cap that screws on to a
threaded opening above the fuel tank.  Until I found that I wondered
what this length of dowell (with markings on it) was doing in the boot.
I kid you not :-)

Don't tell the scrutineers - only one has found this cap so far and he
was so confused by it that he let it go through.  I am not sure how the
rules cover this.

--
Eric
'68 MGB MkII