Engine dying...update 2

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine dying...update 2
From: "Phillip Erikson" <perikson2@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 11:37:53 -0700
The problem seems to come from the rear HS6 carb as I  saw gas coming out of
the overflow tube (from the float chamber) as the car sputtered and started to
die. So I plugged up the gas line and let the gas in the float chambers run
out. I then removed the float chamber lid of the rearmost carb along with the
float assembly. I cleaned out the bowl and checked for proper gap between
float lever and the rim of the float-chamber lid. Everything looked OK. I then
reassembled the carb and tested it around the block. Everything was fine for
about a mile and then it died. When I restarted the engine it ran rough and I
could smell gas. I hi-tailed it home and shut it off. This time there was a
lot of raw gas sprayed all over the inner fender well, in addition to that out
of the overflow tube. Any ideas what it could be?? I certainly can't drive it
any distance like this -- too dangerous!
TIAQ.

Phil Erikson
1966 MGB