Re: 77 MGB wiring

To: "Robert Guinness" <rjglaw@swbell.net>,
Subject: Re: 77 MGB wiring
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:22:26 +0100
You could have had an Opus 45DE4 equipped car, or a CEI 45DM4 equipped car,
and the wiring to the ignition is very different for each.  However both
originally had a 6v coil with a ballast wire in the loom, which exits at the
coil as a pair of white/light-greens.  To run a 25D4 (or a 45D4) this is the
only wire you need from the loom to the coil, plus the white/blacks from the
coil to the tach and distributor.  What are you trying to do?  Restore it?
Or just tidying things up?  Purple wires are fused but always hot, around
the column they are for the headlight flasher and horns (later models only).