Re: Master Cylinder

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder
From: Stephen West-Fisher <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 07:29:20 -0400
Max Heim wrote:
> It may be easier to reach through the access hole from beneath the dash.
> Remove the oval rubber plug in the firewall.

Interestingly enough, I got two recommendations to do this. Unfortunately,
this is a '73 MGB, LHD. The access plug would get me to the left side of
the brake master cylinder, but not the right, which is where the banjo
fitting lives.
Right up against the the right hand side of the carrier, with barely any
room
between it and where the center section of the firewall comes forward.

So, is there any special wrench I can buy or do I need to remove the
carrier with the masters for the brake and clutch?

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems