Re: Convertible top swap?

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Convertible top swap?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 20:08:29 -0600
They are indeed interchangeable, the frames anyway. There may be some minor
differences in the tops though. My son's 65B apparently was converted to
the folding top by the previous owner. He also wanted to go back to the
stowaway top so we managed to locate and buy one on ebay. The stowaway
frame will also require the two holders that mount to the car and they are
available at Moss for six or seven bucks each I think.

My personal experience has been with the stow away top as I used to have a
65B in my college days. But my 72B has the folding frame. The 72B is just
now getting roadworthy after a restoration so I'll see how the folding top
works. This is my first B convertible since college as I have been driving
BGTs since then. My Toyota Landcruiser has been my convertible for the past
twenty years. It has a removable top that is large and an involved enough
chore to remove that I leave it off the whole four month convertible season
we have here in Montana (June-Sept). It will be nice to have an easily
removable top again so I can maybe even enjoy convertible weather into October.

David