Re: Front Brake question

To: "MG List Postings" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Front Brake question
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 18:07:46 -0400
It is not a very difficult job in the broad scheme of things.  The only
slightly tricky part is setting the end float (a process much debated, but
well documented in the archives, for sure).  Pull the hubs off and look at
what is there to get a better picture.  You can learn from that exercise and
it is cake at that point.  From what you describe as its history,  I'd say
that if there is no slop in the hubs there is no problem.  Pay close
attention to the bearings once on the road, too, though, just to be sure.
As for the rotor, you describe a healthy one that could use a little light
sanding.  They would clean themselves up eventually anyway.

Dean