Re: [MG-MGB] Greetings from a newbie [VIRUSES STRIPPED]

To: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] Greetings from a newbie [VIRUSES STRIPPED]
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:26:51 +0100
Hmmm.  I do have a hotmail account but not under that ID and I only ever
access it through Explorer, but I do use that ID with a different ISP to
access the MGB group on Yahoo and the autox list.  I *did* get the
attachment, (did everyone?  Does the MGB group on Yahoo allow that?  I know
autox doesn't)  but although the header indicated it was from the group it
didn't contain the usual Yahoo trailer, and I *never* open attachments
unless I am expecting them.  And how come these responses came from the
autox list?  McAfee indicates it is Explorer 5 that is vulnerable and I am
running 6, they also say that the virus can spoof the From field (as can
others) and I have none of the indications of being infected.

The original sender seems to be:

(6.7.016)
        id 3ED29E960017CE70; Thu, 5 Jun 2003 22:59:02 +0200

if that helps.

If one's machine *is* infected and sending these out are they in the Sent
folder of Outlook, does anyone know?

PaulH.