Re: 1800 in a midget?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1800 in a midget?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 15:08:19 -0700
Hmm, if you're going to the trouble of an engine swap, I'm sure you could
find something with a better power-to-weight ratio than the B-series lump. I
would also wonder about the bell housing fit, and the overall height.

I once saw a neat installation of the Alfa Romeo DOHC 1500 into a Spitfire.
That or a Miata unit would at least make some sense in terms of a general
increase in sophistication <g>. But you could probably get almost as much
horsepower as the stock B engine just with some modifications to a 1275,
without the road-hugging weight.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149