RE: In defence of VB

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: In defence of VB
From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 05:46:53 -0500
I agree that VB has many faults, particularly their outrageous shipping
costs but:

VB does cary items that Moss does not.

When I wanted to get back into LBC's I thought there were no parts for them.
When I visited a friend at Blackhawk Farms and expressed that idea he handed
me a VB catalogue. I had my first MG withing a week.

Before I found some of the folks who worked on MGs, I only knew of a shop
that did general British car work. I had them replace the heater box tht
directed the heat between the demister and the interior. Since he didn't
know how to do it, it cost a bundle and said he couldn't figure why the part
didn't work. Much later when I found the local MG club and a memeber who did
repairs, he pointed out that the box was defective. I called VB and told
them they had sent me a defective part. Someone went into the warehouse and
found others just like it. Not only did they send me a new part, but the
paid for the labor to install it. That was a while ago, so I don't know if
they would still do it, but they6 handled it well after I got by some of the
resistance.

As for Moss and their experienced order takers - when I was contemplating
and MGC, I talked to a Moss order taker who actually had owned one. He
suggested I don't buy the car. I did, and never regretted it. It took me
flawlessly on many trips until it ended up with my son So much for Moss
advice 8-)!

While I don't know about how the shipping problem was expressed to VB, but
sometimes it is best not to show your frustration when trying to get
problems resolved.

The Blackhawk incident makes me happy tht Moss, VB, and others make our
hobby (addiction?) possible. It is both hard and expensive to keep all those
parts in stock and please everyone.

Jack