swaybar enhancement

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: swaybar enhancement
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 01:53:10 -0700
I had mentioned my cheapass swaybar enhancement done by clamping a
scrap swaybar to the existing one. It's an ugly job, but it was a
cheap way of testing to see if a stiffer front bar would improve
handling or make it worse. It did make it better, so I'll soon be
looking for a 1" bar. Then again, it seems to work fine, so I may not
rush to spend $100 on a bigger swaybar.

I finally found my digital camera and got some pictures this evening
of it. They are at:

http://www.red4est.com/jasmine/jaspix030607/swaybar/

click on thumbnails for bigger pictures

The fullsize pictures are at
http://www.red4est.com/jasmine/jaspix030607/bigpix
if 800x600 isn't big enough

http://red4est.red4est.com/jasmine/jaspix030607/swaybar/pict1506N.jpg

Shows the driver's left end, with the square tubing as a spacer and
the round tubing inside the square for added strength.

http://red4est.red4est.com/jasmine/jaspix030607/swaybar/pict1514N.jpg
Shows the front of the bar, note that the red bar is spaced off far
enough to clear the zerk fittings on the standard swayabar mounts.

http://red4est.red4est.com/jasmine/jaspix030607/swaybar/pict1511N.jpg

Shows the drivers right  end of the bar.

If you look carefully at the lower suspension links you can see how
they are offset from using the negative camber bushings.
--
                   Girling is not a verb.