Yet Another Overdrive Question WAS:Overdrive care

Subject: Yet Another Overdrive Question WAS:Overdrive care
From: "Plant, Keith Contractor (NSAGAETA N6)"
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:06:05 +0200
I guess I'll toss my hat into the ring with Ross here with a newbie
question.  I have a 69B Roadster.  I purchased it from the its second owner.
I'm not sure if my OD is stock or aftermarket.  I run into the problem that
the OD does not disengage at lower speeds.  Also, after a long trip (hour
plus), at higher speeds (60+) the OD will engage itself.  My first guess is
an electrical problem, but as Ross said, if you don't ask questions, you'll
never learn.

By not disengaging, I mean when slowing, with overdrive engaged, the car
will...well, begin to bounce.  The transmission will catch then release,
catch then release causing the car to reverse-surge.  Also, when
re-accelerating, I have to rev the engine very high to get the transmission
to engage and actually increase the speed of the car.  This happens in all
gears but 1st (yes, it happens in 2nd also).

Keith Plant
Information Systems Department
Office: 627-7706