RE: LE spoiler

To: "'Paul M.'" <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: LE spoiler
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:55:16 -0700
> > We found that in MGs that WILL go that
> > fast, downforce isn't as much an issue
> > as excluding air from underneath the car
>
> On a road car at least, that's what primarily creates
> downforce.  The lack of air under the car creates a
> low pressure area.  Nature abhors a vacuum and all
> that...
>
> I'm assuming that anyone who found out that a B gets
> light at 130 is running either a V8 or a pretty hot
> MGC.

2.8L Ford V6    : )

found that on a stock chrome bumper MGB a spoiler did make high speed
stability noticably better.  Even at speeds under 100 mph.

I had one of the old Flexi Skirt spoilers that had a rubber skirt to within
1.5" of the road surface.  I think I must have patched the thing back
together at least 10 times.  I don't recomend them for street use, unless
you like the smell of fiberglass resin.

K.