Tie Rods

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tie Rods
From: "joe gorman" <gormanj@ywave.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:51:29 -0700
I need to replace the tie rods on my '74 B. I have new tie rods, tie rod ends
and rack boots ready to go.  I also have a tie rod removal fork.  But, I'm not
exactly sure how to do the job.  Any information I've located on the subject
discusses tie rod end removal but doesn't indicate how to remove the other end
from the steering rack.  Does it just pop out? If so, where do I apply the
force needed?  Does the new one just pop back in?

Any advice on performing this job (preferably from start to finish) is
welcome.

Thanks,

Joe Gorman