Re: Tie Rods

To: "joe gorman" <gormanj@ywave.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tie Rods
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 02:18:59 -0400
The inner end is a ball in socket.  There is a collar that is staked into
position, you will need to grind out the stakes and then unscrew the collar,
the inner tie rod will then come out and the collar can be pulled off the
outer end of the tierod.  Once you get the boots off move the rack to one
end of its travel and you will be able to work on one end of the rack.  This
will be far easier to do out of the car then in, but is most likely not
required.

Installation is the reverse of removal.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer