Importing an MGB-GT V8

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Importing an MGB-GT V8
From: "AHCUSA Mail List Admin" <ahcusa@excite.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:10:54 -0400 (EDT)
Just joined the list and am hoping someone can help me with a couple of
questions.  I am considering the purchase of a 1974 MGB-GT V8 that is currently
in England.  Obviously it does not meet the various US regulations regarding
emissions and safety that were in effect when it was made.

I understand that for vehicles 25 years or older, the US regulations no longer
apply.  Is this correct?  In other words, should I expect to be able to import
this car without problem?

Also, are there any MGB-GT V8 gurus or just plain owners on this list?  I would
be interested in the pros and cons of this model, including some idea of an
appropriate price for an example in generally very good condition.

Thank you.

Reid Trummel
Portland, Oregon

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com