ground strap(s) 1978 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: ground strap(s) 1978 MGB
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:15:14 -0400
I am putting together the motor on a 1978 MGB. We bought it with the
engine/gearbox out.

The PO did a great job of bagging & labeling all the bits (hi Greg!) so it is
coming together fine.

My question is about the connections for a ground strap. I have one, about 4"
long, in the bag of bolts for "gearbox mounts". I assume this is to 'bridge'
the rubber mount but can anyone tell me where it attaches? I see a small 'tab'
under one of the bolts fixing the gearbox rear extension to the gearbox - might
it attach there?

I do not find a ground strap with the motor mounts (at the front of the block).
Should there be one there?

Eric