RE: ground strap(s) 1978 MGB

To: "'ejrussell@mebtel.net'" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: ground strap(s) 1978 MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:14:24 -0700
Eric:

You are correct, the strap bridges the rubber transmission mount.  It
attaches to the transmission mount bolts, not to any other tabs.

It is intended to make the installation of the transmission mounts just that
little bit more difficult  : )

You should also have an additional strap across one of the engine mounts.
It sounds like this may be missing.  It is a good idea to have two straps,
one on the transmission, another on the engine.  That way you have a bit
more safety margin.

Kelvin.