Re: Headlamp woes

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headlamp woes
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:31:24 +0200
Yes!

1
Quick and dirty check - make a brief connection between the high and low
beam connector at the lamp side. If both filaments glow now, the contacts
may be faulty.
2
If not, look at the connectors if there is voltage present. A cheap
multimeter is no bad investment here.
3
If no voltage is present, go to where the left and right lamp wiring come
together.
Obviousely a bad connection is the cause of trouble here.

Hope this helps.

Next sunday I'll go to a big English car event in the Netherlands.
All major English marks will be there, boot sales in orde to get rit of
surplus parts and lots of fun!
The MGCC West region will start from our club meeting spot from 10 sharp.
Expected temp up to 27 deg C promises a good time.

Talking about our friend: I'll wear a t-shirt with print about the Lucas
being King of Darkness. Let's see what the King dares this day....

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT (will be hot I suppose)