Re: questions about engine rebuild

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: questions about engine rebuild
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:06:42 -0700 (PDT)
4 years ago I was asking some of the same questions here. I was facing the
needed engine work on our 67 and was talked into doing a lot of it my self by
the members here. Right off, First thing you want to do on Monday is order a
copy of Peter Burgess's book on power tuning the B series engine. It will give
you just about anything you could ask for. For the record I went with a .60
over bore, a 270 cam made by Lawrie Alexander and had the head cleaned up just
a bit along with the three angle cut in the intake. I stayed with the HS4s  but
did go with the Sport coil, bumble bee wires and NGK Plugs. I was thrilled with
the difference the cam made in the midrange power. The car is very tame at idle
and is very streetable. But, Get a copy of the book Now.

Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu> wrote:Hi gang,
I am well on my way to disassembling a standard 4-cylinder B
engine for my 1st rebuild. It is a 2nd engine as the stock one in my 76 is
running fine. When I do exchange it for the the one in the car, I'll be
also replacing the 4-speed tranny with an od unit.