RE: Midget rollbar

To: "'Eric'" <eric@erickson.on.net>, The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Midget rollbar
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 08:53:46 -0700
LOL!!!!!

Thanks Eric.  I needed that.

BTW.  After my comments yesterday about roll bars.  Be advised that I am
working on converting the roll bar in my vintage race MGB to a full cage.  I
have memories of a friend who rolled his Lotus 23 at a street race.  He
blacked out, and when he came to, he was staring at a concrete curb about 4
inches from his nose.

On other notes, I did find a cool roll bar for an MGB a few years ago.  It
has a single chrome hoop with special curved mounts that go to the rear
fenders.  Though not as well braced as a typical bar, it looks like it will
offer reasonable protection and could be made to bolt in and out of the car
easily.  I'm thinking of using it in my BV8, as I wasn't originally planning
on putting a bar in the car.

Kelvin.