Re: Redline products

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Redline products
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:50:16 -0400
In the FWIW category Bill Bassett who is the owner of Bassett's Jaguar
restoration
facility is a few miles down the road from my house and I get a load of tips
from him.
A few years back his shop helped me rebuild the tranny in my 1964 B and strongly
recommended that I use only 30W non-detergent oil in the trannies of my LBCs.
That is
what they use in their Jag restorations and they are one of the nation's
premier Jag
resto shops. Did they steer me wrong? Evidently there is no need for the
detergent
properties in the tranny. Definitely avoid gear oil I am advised as  gear oil
will
attack the brass synchros. I am eager to be further educated if the group has
better
info. Never did trust Jag people after I recently sold my 1966 S type.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski