MGB Windshield wiper chrome spacer removal

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Windshield wiper chrome spacer removal
From: "Mike Lewellen" <Mike.Lewellen@insightbb.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 21:00:25 -0500
I have been preparing my car for a paint job.  I have removed all the
lens, handles, and brackets.  I am having trouble with the nuts behind
the wiper blades.  They seem to tighten when I turn the
counterclockwise. Naturally, I assumed left threaded and tried the other
way, got a little loose but then tighten up again.  These nuts have
grooves cut in each hex high spot which I thought meant they were left
threaded.  Before I tear something up I thought I would ask the listers.
I know someone out there knows how these nuts should come off?

Thanks,

Mike Lewellen
Lewellen@usa.net