Kelvin and his Solihull Developments

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Kelvin and his Solihull Developments
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 21:36:05 EDT
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Allen and his wife did in fact drive their
> Rover SD-1 to the local British Car Club Meeting Tuesday July 1st, 2003. It
> looks a lot like what a Ferrari Daytona 4 door would have looked like or
> maybe
> a Maserati Kamshin.

Gack - liberal use of imagination there. We have tons of SD-1s around here
(the ones still running, that is) and no one I know would liken them to the
Italian cars mentioned.

 Kelvins SD-1 is white and it looks really nice...And it
> brought back a lot of memories regarding  a 2000TC that I used to own. It
> drove
> in utter and sheer comfort with some of the nicest bucket seats I've ever
> plopped my tuckus into! "

The 2000TC was the car built to keep old British car mechanics in ale for as
long as the cars would run. They did indeed have a good feel to them, and
handled quite well for the period, but a friend of mine who was a BMC dealer
swore
that none of them EVER had ALL of their bits working at the same time -
something was always fubar, and that was from delivery. He said the warranty
work
on them to fix little niggling things was unbelievable. The resale rate was
apparently quite high the minute they came off warranty, too, as people swiftly
either accustomed themselves to things not working, or got fed up paying
non-warranty service rates and dumped the cars.

Bill