Re: 4th

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: 4th
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 09:37:07 -0700
As a rank colonialist and royalist I have to rise to Allen's fun remark
with another fun remark!

An English colonel was boasting at a cocktail party that the British had
never lost a war, battles yes but wars no.  An American officer hearing his
boast walked up to him and said "We Americans whopped you in the War of
Independence" to which the colonel replied "Sir, when you fought the War of
Independence you were British".

As to history I do not suppose that many will remember that the relatively
small British army at the battle of Yorktown had to face a large French
army and navy imported through Ben Franklin's lobbying during many years
residency in France.

At 04:32 PM 7/3/2003 -0400, Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
>I always say, to have fun on the fourth, buy a fifth on the third.
>
>Happy Independence Day to all my American friends, and sorry about the war
>old chums, to all the Brits on the lists!  No hard feelings, really!
>
>Have a safe holiday if you are LBCing.  They predict 37.5 million cars on the
>roads this weekend.  I'll be driving the Midget (Not Jodie...well, Jodie too,
>but I meant the car.  She's not that short.) "Down the Shore" for the
>weekend, so I'll be back on the lists on Monday.
>
>Allen Hefner
>Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
>'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
>'75 MG Midget (The Project)