Re: Need Smiths speedometer SN6104/15 - addendum

To: frankk@intap.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need Smiths speedometer SN6104/15 - addendum
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:14:03 -0500
At 07:39 AM 7/4/03 -0400, Frank Krajewski wrote:
>Didn't all MGAs have Jaeger gauges? ....

Well, yes, I thought so.  But, .... In Clausager's "Original MGA" there is
a page of speedometer designations for various MGA, and at the top of the
part number column it says "Smiths Number", and the text speaks extensively
of Smiths numbers, not Jeager.  Yet at the top of the page all of the
pictures show Jeager instruments (if you use a magnifier).  I wil guess
this means that the Jeager instruments were designated using Smiths
numbers.  So functionally either a Smith or a Jeager should work as well,
but to be visually correct, it should be a Jeager instrument.

>Barney Gaylord wrote:
> > Looking for a Smiths speedometer number SN6104/15. .... 1320 turns per
> mile ....
> >
> > This is for the MGA with factory optional 3.909:1 final drive ratio, ....

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com