80 MGB - Windshield Washer

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>, "BATANS Member's List"
Subject: 80 MGB - Windshield Washer
From: Betti Ann & Preston Smith <prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 19:56:40 -0300
Decided to make my 80 MGB's windshield washers functional.  Dug out my 3
pump motors and found one serviceable.

BUT it runs continuously.

Normally, depressing the end of the wiper stalk provides a ground to run
the pump.

I have the wiring diagrams and before I dig into the wiper switch, I am
hoping someone else has encountered the continuously running pump problem
and can point me in the right direction before i take the complex route of
removing and diagnosing the switch.

Any folks with experience with this problem in cyber car land?

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks
Preston

---
Betti Ann & Preston Smith, Head of St Margaret's Bay, NS,
prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca
1962 MGA 1600 MK II, 1980 MGB Limited Edition
2002 Damon Challenger 335 Motor Home on 2001 Ford V-10 20,500 lb chassis