Re: Adjusting fuel level on a "fixed" float?

To: Lawrie Alexander <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: Adjusting fuel level on a "fixed" float?
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 08:05:28 -0500
  Of course changing the fuel level in the jet changes the mixture.
It's essentially a gravity-feed system from the bowl to the jet.  Why
else would one adjust the float height?

   When you adjust the jet for best idle running you establish the
baseline for the overall mixture control via the needle position.  If
you change the float height, you have to readjust the jet. The two
things go hand-in-hand.

   Cheers,

    CR