Re: Spare Fuel Pump for Trip

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spare Fuel Pump for Trip
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:56:01 +0100
Ditto on the direct replacement.  I *did* get a spare for a touring holiday
in France, and kept it in the boot thereafter.  Some 50 miles from home some
years later the one on the car packed up and couldn't be restarted, so I
changed it at the roadside.  I had pulled over onto soft ground so wouldn't
use the jack and managed to change it with all four wheels on the ground and
on the car, and with no siphoning either.  Refurbished that on my return
home, then when the 'pointless' pump on the V8 started playing up some time
later swapped it with that.  Can't find anything wrong with the pointless,
so if anyone wants an intermittent and erratic high-reliability pointless
pump it is yours for 60 quid ...