Re: Spare Fuel Pump for Trip

To: "Charles & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>,
Subject: Re: Spare Fuel Pump for Trip
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:14:32 +0100
This was a routine item on square riggers, for example, as there was no
spark quenching on the points.  The location was also much more convenient.
Since the MGB points last many years without problems, how routine is
routine?  Since I started checking points gap using dwell I have never had
to adjust or clean the points between replacements, whereas before the
spiking prevented gap measurement, which meant taking them off, refacing
them, putting them back and setting up from scratch.  Almost is awkward as
pump points on a RHD.