Re: painting wire wheels #2

To: barrier@bconnex.net
Subject: Re: painting wire wheels #2
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:09:40 EDT
In a message dated 7/17/2003 5:33:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
barrier@bconnex.net writes:

>No!  You do NOT have to disassemble them.  But you must NOT have them >
chemically cleaned - sand blasted ONLY.  I speak from experience!!!! Mine
>were great (Austin Healey &MGB)

Barrie,
I hate to be so contrary, but given the consistency and the hereditary nature
of the powder coating process I personally would tend to take the safest
route in terms of knowing that the rims weren't going to end up being all
coated
together as if they had been glued together. But in all fairness I DID call a
commercial powder coating business my local area, and they tended to agree with
you. So rack one up for the handsome and well versed Mr. Barrie Robinson!
Yea!!!!
Albert Escalante, owner-1978 MGB
Central Coast British Car Club (Ca.)
13th Annual All-British Day Car Show