RE: Setting fire to three SUVs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Setting fire to three SUVs
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:04:30 -0500
> I sure hope you're joking David. I cannot tell. No one in
> their right mind
> would ever consider your comment anything other than a Bill
> Mahr type joke.

No, he wasn't joking.  One need only watch the introduction of various
car-crusher legislation to realize that.  Be vocal and criticize SUVs,
but don't be shocked when someone who doesn't like or understand why you
need a MGB tries to legislate it out of existence.

>  People, including myself, hate being in an MG and have an
> SUV  tail gate.

I also hate being tailgated by Honda Accords, or anything else.  SUV
drivers don't have a lock on the market.

> Around here
> on the moderate roads and highways (East Coast), SUV drivers are rude,
> obnoxious, and overly aggressive.

Rude, obnoxious, and overly aggressive are all terms used to describe
people in sports cars as well.  Not to mention that you B is likely to
be spewing out a great deal of pollution.  And if it rolls over, you
could be killed.  In other words, the primary reasons people give for
hating SUVs are the same reasons that are used to try to take away our
sports cars.

As MG enthusiasts, we're living in glass houses.  We should be the last
ones throwing stones at the automotive choices of others.