Re: Engine Rebuilding in Lubbock TX

To: rock@rocky-frisco.com (Rocky Frisco)
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuilding in Lubbock TX
From: Pointparty@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:55:07 -0400
I haave encountered the same "go to hell"  attitude from some shops over the
past 40 years (since I was a teenager with a 59 Sunbeam Rapier)That was a
Hillman with 2 carbs.  I've always had some MG or Triumph it seems.

The explanation I've gotten from more than one shop owner is that these British
cars are cheap to buy, relatively simple to work on and therefore every owner
thinks he is an expert.  As owners, we tend to tinker and try to rig up
solutions and then get professional help.  Then we complain about the charges.
Then we tell the shop where to order parts since we all get all these catalogs.
 Or worse, we take parts to the shop for them to install.   So these great
shops and mechanics work on high dollar cars whose owners are perceived as more
affluent and less intrusive.

I am fortunate to have had several great MG mechanics in several different
cities.  I find em, visit em before I need em, take em lunch, and show em
respect.  I would bet there is a great mechanic in Lubbock who can do the work
if he wants to.

Mel 71mgbgt  regular driver