Re: Burned by another eBay seller

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Burned by another eBay seller
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:35:31 -0400
Carl, Mike and Bill (and all other interested parties),

I have done a fair share of selling on eBay and would never treat a buyer the
way I have been treated by several sellers. I to have refunded the purchase
price + shipping cost and paid for  return shipping. This one case was for a
Big Healey fender from NY to CA and back again.........OUCH! The same fender
was then relisted and actually sold for $50 more. The 2nd buyer was happy as a
pig that is doing whatever it is that pigs like doing most.

One thing that really bugs me is when a seller does not list positive feedback
until the buyer has. My policy, when selling, is to list positive feedback on a
buyer AS SOON AS I receive prompt payment. I am sure that I have given an
honest condition report and that the buyer will be pleased. I think eBay should
show how many deals the seller/buyer has done and then how many feedbacks are
left. Most people do not leave less than positive feedback for fear of
retaliation w/ same. In these cases no feedback is left.

EBay is one of those "looks good on paper" things, unfornately a relatively
small percentage, of less than honorable, people are ruining this form of
commerce. I used to look for stuff on eBay EVERYDAY and bid on several items a
week. These wheels were one of the few bids I made in the last several months.
Now I wish I never had and probably will not again for a very long time.

Safety Fast,
David