Re: Distributor / Timing problems...

To: <Menno.Meijer@ict.nl>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor / Timing problems...
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 14:13:09 +0100
You can't get the distributor in 180 degrees out - and properly seated -
without altering the drive gear in the crankcase.  Neither will moving the
car - or more properly turning the engine - with the distributor out upset
things.  But you *can* get the cam shaft inside the distributor 180 degrees
out of phase with the drive shaft if you have removed the cam shaft to get
at the springs and weights.  Turn the crank until No.1 piston is going
through its compression stroke (both valves closed), stop at TDC, and see
where the rotor is pointing.