Re:

To: mrazor@mis.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:55:21 EDT
In a message dated 8/7/03 9:37:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time, mrazor@mis.net
writes:

> While running my headlights or parking lights my turn signals will not
> operate.  They sometimes flash once or twice and then give up.  The
> turn signal light will stay on but not flash.  When I have the lights
> off everything works just fine.  I am guessing a bad flasher unit.

- - - - - - - - -

In the Midget, a lot of lighting problems are caused by the hazard flasher
switch.  The turn signals go thru that switch first, so it must be in good
working order.  I had all sorts of problems with flashers when I got my Midget,
and
the problems went away when I replaced the hazard switch.  (Thanks, Peter!)

Check a wiring diagram and trace everything that goes to the turn signal
switch.  Trace it back to the power source and see what else is in the circuit.

This varies from year to year, and you didn't mention what car you have.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)