Alpine Harrington

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alpine Harrington
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:00:34 -0400
"Clancy" notes he raced against a Tiger version of the Harrington.

I wish my senior memory were better.  But, I know that Syd Silverman owned
one of the factory Tiger coupes & he & his associate Bob raced it for a
number of years in vintage events.  The earliest one I can pinpoint was
Watkins Glen 1992.  I believe that Syd sold the car last year or year
before.   Can't say I've seen in since.

The roof line on the Tiger coupes (again - senior memory.) I think was more
angled, as if they had used the factory hardtop shape as opposed to the
graceful curve of the Harrington coupes.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB
'59 Turner