Re: Alpine Harrington

To: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Alpine Harrington
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:42:29 -0700 (PDT)
I know where there is one of those sitting in a junkyard not 30 minutes from my
house. I had thought it was a GT6 when I found it. It is in very poor shape but
maybe I should give it a look again and try and find it a home.

Carl French

Hi Paul,

That is one of my favorite - and rarest - LBC's.  Only a very few were
ever
brought to the US.  I once found a nice picture of one of the US
Harrington's on line somewhere.  I am pretty sure that good examples
are
very expensive where ever they may be found.  They went through a few
changes over the years  - adding or subtracting the tail light "fins",
but
were always a boutique built car.  One version was known as the
"Harrington
LeMans".  I can't recall what distinguished it from others.  I'm sure
someone has a good link for the whole history.