squeaking from rear end

Subject: squeaking from rear end
From: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmort@bezeqint.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:17:54 +0200
Gents -
have been driving more lately and have noticed a squeaking sound from the
rear, that becomes faster or slower with road speed.  I only hear it at low
speeds, but it may just be drowned out by the noise when going faster.
The archive guess seems to be U-joint going bad, or at least criminally
undergreased.
I'll give it a good shot of the slimy stuff this weekend, but you guys have
any other guesses or suggestions for things I should check?
Cheers,
RMartin
70 roadster
Tel Aviv

(PS - I gave a ride to the 18-year-old-just-got-his-driver's-license son of
a friend of mine the other day, and even let him  drive for an hour or so on
a Saturday morning.  I think I just hooked another one.)