Re: Lucas Electrical Emergency Team

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucas Electrical Emergency Team
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 00:59:08 EDT
In a message dated 8/14/03 7:15:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Aeseeyou@aol.com
writes:

> Crack members of the Lucas Electrical Emergency Team were dispatched to New
> York City to see if they could help with the massive Power Outage.
> California
> promises to send as many Gubernatorial candidates as possible to assist
> crack
> Lucas Emergency Squad....Dit-dit-dit....(more to follow?)  Seriously, we
> love
> you Big Apple...and all those affected by this hardship..And remember New
> York
> is tough and can handle anything!

Nine hours after the blackout, and I just finally got home. My office is in
Jersey City NJ and sports a beautiful view of Manhattan.  Strange not seeing
any lights across the river.

I think Lucas designed the emergency generator in the building across the
street from mine.  About three hours after the blackout, the roof vents started
spewing flames, and about one quarter of the roof became engulfed.  I stared
out the window and couldn't believe how surreal the night was becoming.  Took
fire fighters about 45 minutes to bring it under control.

Anyway, no work tommorrow after that ordeal, so it's top down and off for
some MGB-ing!!!!

Steve in NJ