Re: Picture from on top of the world... well, almost!

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Picture from on top of the world... well, almost!
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:00:34 -0600
OPPS!  Larry Hoy, who lives about 15 minutes from me, pointed out that
it isn't trail ridge road!

That goes though the same area, and I have driven in that too, just not
yesterday!

The correct name is:  Mount Evans Scenic Byway

<http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/arnf/districts/ccrd/scenic-drives/#Mount>

It goes up almost to the top of the mountain to 14,264 ft and is the
highest paved road climb in North America.

<http://www.denvergov.org/Mountain_Parks/88faq370.asp>
<http://momentsoflight.com/trips_co_mtevans.html>

Trail Ridge Road is : 12,183 ft and the highest continuous paved road
in North America.

Thanks Larry!

--
Andrew Lundgren