Re: Su Mixture

To: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>, MG List Postings
Subject: Re: Su Mixture
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 05:36:04 -0700 (PDT)
> Paul, those are HS's (not HIF's - those were fitted
> beginning in '72).

Ooops.  Sorry, sorry.  Yes, HS's...

> know this is an obvious point, but it has to be
> addressed first:  did
> anything happen or did you work on anything
> immediately before the condition
> began? Or was this a gradual development?

Nothing major or that I thought might cause the
problem.  Just tune-up stuff over the last couple of
weeks - oil and filter, plugs and plug wires.  I did
install a Lucas Sport coil and a Peco exhaust, but
nothing else engine-related.

> Sudden
> fuel use like that makes
> me wonder about floats.  Do you have any overflow
> into the carbon canister

I'll check it today and let you know.  Thanks Dean...

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project
www.sopwithracing.com