Re: Best "glue" to attach header to new top?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best "glue" to attach header to new top?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:00:04 -0600
One thing to consider - since the new tops have to be glued to the header
bar, you have to separate the header bar from the old top first. With that
in mind, you want to make sure the glue is a pliable material that will
allow removal of the top fabric again, five or ten years down the road.

When I did a TR7 top, I used the 3m adhesive in the spray can on the
header, designed for carpets and fabrics. I also sprayed it on very light,
just enough to get the fabric to stick. I used the same stuff for the new
carpet on my 72B.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B