Re: I want an Aquada! (new amphibious LBC)

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: Re: I want an Aquada! (new amphibious LBC)
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:53:27 +0100
Hmmm, an interesting thought, but with the limited production and high cost
I would imagine serious interest would be required before they gave out
test-drives, no doubt one will appear on Top Gear and the other TV
programmes in time.

The driver *is* in the centre, having a passenger seat either side and
slightly to the rear, much like the McLaren F1, hence the quote "You can
take two
girlfriends to Monte Carlo".

An interesting quote from the site:  "Double sensors and electromagnetic
interlocks prevent undesired wheel raising on the road".

And a definition of 'aquada' from elsewhere:  "A water catchment and storage
area, dug out and lined with plaster to retain the water".  "But I thought
the water was supposed to be on the outside".

PaulH.