MG newsletter help - a computer question solved

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG newsletter help - a computer question solved
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 08:48:12 -0400
Thanks for the responses of David Breneman, Albert Escalante, Lew Palmer,
Max Heim, and  Steve Morris.  To repeat, my problem was an inability to
make a color pdf file from Adobe Distiller and I neglected to say the
platform is Windows98, Publisher 2000,  and a PC.

I certainly learned the old old lesson that Mac's are not PC's.
Apparently, my problem does not occur with installation of Adobe Distiller
in a Mac.  The appropriate drivers are transparently installed either in
the operating system or in Distiller for Macs as I learned from the
responders.

Chuck Renner had the solution for my problem in a PC .  His solution for
future reference:  add the "HP Color Laserjet PS" as a printer driver" and
select it as the printer in Distiller.  The driver must be installed for
Distiller to create the color instructions. If you have a color PS printer
of another sort, you'd use that driver.

Thanks again and check out our newsletter at http://www.bmcsnj.org/ and
check on the newsletter tab (after Saturday next 9/13).
Take a deep breath today guys.  The thoughts today are heavy (9/11).

Best wishes,
Bill
'76B