RE: Door window winder

To: "'Bob Howard'" <mgbob@juno.com>, h.duinhoven@planet.nl
Subject: RE: Door window winder
From: Cooper Garry <gcooper@sendo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:00:14 +0100
Well there is always the spares show at donnington this sunday......
probably a bit of a trek though huh?

Have you tried the mgoc?

Sent: 18 September 2003 13:56
To: h.duinhoven@planet.nl
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net

Hans,
   Did the window handle break when it was being forced to wind the
window, or did it break during a normal winding?
   I ask because the windows do need some attention from time to time as
they do  get stiff and hard to move.   The grease gets hard and the
pivots in the parallelogram get dry, and the window guides can get
slightly out of alignment so the winder handle is called upon for more
strength than it has.
   Opening the door and lubricating all those moving parts, and adjusting
the guides so that the glass fits better has made my windows work much
easier. A spray of silicone in the guides helps too.
Bob