Re: Door window winder

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Door window winder
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:26:14 -0700
Not stupid -- now that you mention it, I did the same thing. But I had
forgotten all about it, though it's the obvious remedy.

BTW my MG has a unique type of window winder that was apparently sold as a
set with door pulls and door lock handles. Unlike the MG Mitten ones
described earlier, these have real wood inserts in a solid aluminum handle,
with a wood knob on the window winder. They look like some sort of Kal
Kustom item from the parts store, but they are obviously specifically made
for the MG. They were well worn in when I picked up the car in '88. I've
never seen another set like them. Maybe someone recalls this kit from "back
in the day"...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149